Antonio based Gemological Services
I am pleased to now offer a complete array of gemological
services. Below is a newly revised list of services and
new fee schedule. If you are in the San Antonio, Texas area,
please call 210-558-8220 to make a personal appointment to have
this work done while you wait and watch. For those outside the
San Antonio and South Texas area, gemological services by mail
are available at the same rates plus return shipping. For more
information on gemology please return to Home
Robert James FGA, GG
Location in San Antonio, Texas:
Oakridge Square Office Complex
11120 Wurzbach Road, Suite 202
San Antonio, TX 78230
Call 210-558-8220 for an appointment
Insurance Replacement Appraisals
Each Additional Item: $25.00
- First Item: $50.00
- All work done while you wait for San Antonio and South Texas
residents who come to my office, or at your bank, home, or attorney's
office whichever is required. There is a travel fee of $25.00
per hour portal to portal for actual travel time only. Appraisal
fees still apply to the total.
- For clients too far away: All work is done within 48 hours
of receipt in my office.
- Appraisals include full documentation and photographs based
on the American Gem Society guidelines for a Certified Gemologist
- Items must be shipped via US Postal Service Registered Mail
with return receipt for your protection. Insure for the full
value that you believe the item to be worth. There is a separate
mailing address for Registered Mail receiving so please contact
Jewelry and Gemstone Damage Assessment
- $50.00 per item includes full evaluation, photographs, and
written report for your insurance company.
Gem Identification Service
- $25.00 per item. Includes a full color Certificate of Authenticity
with photograph. Discounts given on large orders of multiple
items shipped at the same time. Call for inquiries.
- $50.00 first item
- $20.00 each additional item
- 5 Item minimum
- Includes all documentation of the insurance replacement appraisal
but will have estate valuations based on market research.
For more information or to schedule an appointment
please call 210-558-8220 or send an e-mail inquiry here.
Jewelry Auction Escrow Service
YourGemologist now offers a special escrow service for
internet jewelry shoppers. Here is how the program works:
- By agreement of both parties, the jewelry item is forwarded
to the YourGemologist office for evaluation.
- Once the item has been verified as authentic and sold according
to auction requirements, both parties will receive a written
- Once the verification is sent, the buyer will pay the seller
- When the seller has confirmed receipt of payment, the item
will be shipped to buyer per the below fees.
- The charge for YourGemologist's Escrow Service is as follows:
|Items selling up to $500.00...............Fee
$35.00 plus shipping fees
|Items selling $500 to $2,000.00........Fee $45.00
plus shipping fees
|Items selling over $2,000.00..............Fee
$55.00 plus shipping fees
- Fees may be paid by buyer or seller, or split. Agreement
will be made before shipping.
- All escrow fees and shipping fees must be paid before final
shipping to buyer.
- Full insurance replacement appraisals are available at the
additional appraisal rates shown in the Appraisal section.
- Escrow evaluations come with a written verification of authenticity
For more information please
to Home Page